SOC analysts are the first to respond to cyber security incidents. They report on cyberthreats and implement any
changes needed to protect the organization.
SOC analysts are considered the last line of defense and they usually work as part of a large security team,
working alongside security managers and cybersecurity engineers. Typically, SOC analysts report to the
company’s chief information security officer (CISO).
SOC analysts need to be detail oriented because they are responsible for monitoring many aspects
simultaneously. They need to watch the protected network and respond to threats and events. The level of
responsibility typically depends on the size of the organization
The job can be a great stepping stone into a cybersecurity career, but it's also a demanding and somewhat repetitive job that can cause burnout.
This course is presented by :
- Implement and manage security tools.
- Investigate suspicious activities, contain and prevent them.
- Reduce downtime and ensure business continuity.
- Providing security services to the rest of the organization.
- Audit and compliance support